Dave,

You seem to be saying that there is no easy way to protect a private
key short of writing some code to automate the process of removing and
replacing the key from my .py when I upload to the svn and remembering
to do so each time. I am not familiar with writing a little script
like you suggest, so I could use some guidance there. But that is
beyond what I can expect, and you have been most helpful, already.
Thanks.

Btw, I have another question about the svn, but I will start a new
thread about that, perhaps.

On Jan 20, 4:09 pm, "David Symonds" <dsymo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I see where you're coming from. Your best bet is probably to
> auto-generate or manually edit a tiny .py file that you don't check in
> to SVN (or maybe check in a secret-key.py.template with thekey
> replaced with "InsertKeyHere"). Then you could write a little script
> that pulls your real secretkeyfrom a file on your own computer
> before uploading your app.
>
> Dave.

Brian