Dave,

Thank you for clarifying that. I guess I would have to put the key
into the datastore, but that may not be practical for me either. I
have not decided yet how much access to the datastore I will give
users of my app, yet. I don't think they need any, but I cannot be
sure now.

In any case, thanks again for sticking with this discussion.

On Jan 23, 6:51 pm, David Symonds <dsymo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 7:41 AM, thebrianschott <schott.br...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I think I can save my secretkeyin a static file that is not "add"ed
> > to the svn and I was told by David that everything (source, etc) is
> > secreat that is committed to the appspot. So as long as the static
> > file is not "add"ed to the svn, it's secure, isn't it?
>
> If it's in a static place (i.e. you use static_files or static_dir
> directives in app.yaml), it'll be accessible by any web user. Nothing
> else is directly accessible, though, so you'd be fine.
>
> Dave.

Brian in Atlanta