Hmm. So basically this would sum it up:?

1. If I use SSL, I can rely on the cookies?

2. If I don't use SSL and use another provider for the password check
(like OpenID, etc.), I need to take your advice on Sessions expiring?

Am I correct?

And, what are the real chances of a hacker intercepting traffic?