I'm curious what specifically he objects to.  I can see some terms
which might annoy some people.  The DMCA-like copyright provisions
(Google can delete anything it considers non-compliant), the minimum
age, the billing clause that seems to suggest Google will charge *all*
users for over-quota use (even though it's Google's responsibility not
to grant over-quota to those who haven't opted-in to billing, and to
not charge more than the user's chosen monthly maximum), etc.  On the
other hand, I understand that due to Google's own legal liability it
has little choice.  (A  court could consider YouTube content and App
Engine content to be the same thing, and judge them together.)

So it's worth discussing whether any particular provision is onerous.
But it's not worth discussing a blanket condemnation of the entire TOS
without specifics.  That's like when SCO accused Linux of copyright
infringement without saying which particular lines of code were
infringing.

The OP does have a point though, that the inability to delete
applications, besides being annoying and tying up application IDs
needlessly, also provides no way to opt out of TOS changes.  Although
it doesn't seem too onerous to accept the change, extract your data,
and then disable the application (by making app.yaml point to a
nonexistent file, as Google suggests).  And write Google (not this
list) a big note about why you're yanking your application.

--Mike

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>