First of all, thanks for the great development environment. It has
been a pleasure to use it.

I was testing my app when no-one else was still using it, and was
getting response times of 0.5 - 3 seconds. My app calls MySpace over
REST and then fetches about 100 datastore objects on each call, so
AFAIK it is mostly waiting for MySpace to respond.

Then I released it to the public, and started getting 72 requests /
second, which is what I expected because the app is visible in a lot
of peoples' profile boxes on MySpace. What I didn't expect was that
the response times from App Engine suddenly went to over 10 seconds,
causing MySpace to consider it a timeout.

Isn't App Engine supposed to allocate enough resources automatically
to scale my app? I repeated the test, unreleasing and re-releasing the
app and it clearly affects the response times.