I've been tracking (and seeing) this for a while already.  Besides the
latency that occurs each time Django gets re-zipimported, what is
concerning is the thought of paying for CPUs to constantly reload the
cache.  My app's not live yet - so there is some time before this
becomes a $$$ problem for me, but...

I remain forever hopeful that it will be solved by then. :)