GAE Team:

I am a developer considering using AppEngine for a new web based
business aimed at the Chinese market.  I've recently spent a lot of
time getting up to speed on Python and learning absolutely everything
about AppEngine so can I dive head first into building my app, which I
expect to take several months.  GAE seems pretty awesome and I can't
wait to get going.

However in the last  few days access in Guangzhou, China (where I
live) has been spotty, I assume because the gov't is for whatever
reason is blocking the GAE IP addresses.  Should my app become popular
I was hoping to turn it into my primary source of income.  Given the
problems recently,  it seems like I might not be able to use GAE. If
have a lot of users who depend on my site to do mission critical
business (which is what cloud computing is all about!), and then one
day I wake up to find GAE is arbitrarily blocked, that would be
disastrous.

I know Google must have relationships with high level officials in the
Chinese gov't and could use influence to make sure GAE never gets
blocked.  I've never once had problems getting on Baidu.com, so there
must be a way to make sure it won't be blocked.  I'm from America and
I know we never think about these kind of issues, but over here its a
complete reality, and now for me its turned into a business
decision.

What gaurantee do I have that GAE won't be blocked in the future?
Should I use it to build a web based business?

Thanks!