Wow>> Doesn't seem like GAE is happy with this arrangement:

I set up a simple system like so (in python)

[code]
import threading
import urllib2

class MyThread ( threading.Thread ):
        def __init__ (self,j):
                threading.Thread.__init__(self)
                self.j=j
                self.html=''

        def run ( self ):
                for x in xrange(500):
                        try:
                                response = urllib2.urlopen('http://the test
url')
                                html = response.read()
                                self.html=html
                        except urllib2.HTTPError, e:
                                print e.code
                        except urllib2.URLError, e:
                                print e.reason
                # at end of thread life
                print self.html

#init threads (10)
for x in xrange ( 10 ):
   z=MyThread(x)
   z.start()
[/code]

I ran this code on the client side. It ran fine but at approximately
100 requests it began to return Operation Timed Out Errors (code
10060). This is probably due to some Denial of Service protection by
GAE firewalls (?)

Is there any way for me to tell GAE that this is my app, and it's
legit, or is there any way to work around it?

[note: on the server side, nothing turned up on these errors which
leads me to believe it was a very low level protection]