Actually In terms of requests per second I was seeing was around 8
[didn't pay constant refresh attention]... Strangely though, the total
number of requests didn't accurately reflect the actual requests I
performed (in the dashboard -- not in the quota details page). This
may be due to some bug in the system. It doesn't really matter though
because the dashboard view seems to only be an overview, not for
accuracy...

Another thing: no matter how many threads I have there will always be
timeouts. I tried using only one thread (i.e. just running a python
for loop), there were a total of two timeouts. As the number of
threads increase, the number of timeouts increase... Additionally,
when a timeout occurs all the threads seem to fail simultaneously.
They continue to fail for a short period of time, and then they all
resume together.

Just a bit of information that I gathered from quite a bit of
debugging...