Hi

One of my apps is getting DownloadError (ApplicationError 5) for
pretty much all urlfetch remote url fetch requests to a particular
remote server for the past week. Fetch requests to other servers are
not affected. Also, there are no problems fetching content from this
remote server from the local development server. Here's a traceback
from the logs:

Error fetching url
http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/mobileiris/index_svclist.aspx?stopcode=17069
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/base/data/home/apps/sbsnextbus/6.332480362470588654/utils.py",
line 71, in get_url
    result = urlfetch.fetch(url)
  File "/base/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/urlfetch.py",
line 273, in fetch
    raise DownloadError(str(e))
DownloadError: ApplicationError: 5

As can be seen from the trace, my app (http://sbsnextbus.appspot.com)
is trying to fetch pages from sbstransit.com.sg

This appears to be a deadline exceeded error (error code 5) but I
can't figure out why this should occur. Everything was running
smoothly till last week when this started happening.

Since I can't reproduce this problem locally and there is no problem
fetching pages from other remote servers in the production
environment, I suspect the issue is related to network connectivity
issues between AppEngine data centers & the servers of
www.sbstransit.com.sg

This problem has been around for almost a week now and I can't seem to
figure out a solution or work-around. Searches in the group archive
didn't yield anything helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Deepak

PS: Is there a process to open a 'support ticket' with appengine team
regarding infrastructure issues?