Hi,

I have a requirement to generate dynamic PDFs from HTML source. I
included the Pisa, html5lib and the reportlab packages for this.
Everything works fine in the local environment as long I keep all the
packages in the initial source ie I do not zip it.

Keeping the whole ReportLab package (204 files) might take me way
close to the allowed file limit. I tried to convert the ReportLab
package into a zip and use zipimport to use it. This causes the
following error,

AttributeError: 'HardenedModulesHook' object has no attribute '_files'

My source where the imports are called,
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, 'ho.zip')
sys.path.insert(0, 'html5lib.zip')
sys.path.insert(0, 'sx.zip')
sys.path.insert(0, 'reportlab.zip')
import ho.pisa as pisa

Googled a bit for the solution found another mention of this in issue
tracker,
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1085.

Can anyone help me get around this problem? I have seen many use
reportlab in Google App Engine how do you guys get around this issue??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun Shanker Prasad.