I second the opinion that proper full text search should have been in
the road map. My app soon will need fulltext searching. I'm
considering dumping all the data in google base and "forwarding" the
searching against the google base api. I wonder if I'd be violating
google base terms of service or whether there is a cap on queries,
etc. Haven't checked.

Anyhow, from my perspective, the priorities are also dead wrong,
unless the current aim has shifted to get corporations to start
outsourcing some of their stuff to the cloud. Hence java support. I'm
happy, though, about the "cron", it might come in handy for the
dumping business (not without irony)

Google: The (albeit monumental) task of changing the rules of the game
for web startups won't be completed until full text is available.