I just did a test on one of my apps. Nearly all my data is in a single
model.

I have 163189 instances, and the total size (calculated by reading
each instance and running to_xml() on it, and then adding up the
results) is 281,145,536 bytes. Most of my properties have
indexed=False. The dashboard reports using 890MB of data. I don't know
whether the dashboard calculation is wrong, whether I should be using
a different calculation to estimate my record size, or something else.
If my indexes really are consuming 600MB, then I would work on redoing
a chunk of the app to fix that problem.

However, the only course at the moment appears to be to delete old
data, and hope that the data consumption goes down. Not really very
satisfactory.

Philip