On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Waldemar Kornewald
<wkornew...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:52 PM, djidjadji <djidja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Can you use get_or_insert to update an object with the given key_name?
>
> If an object with that key_name already exists in the datastore it
> won't be updated, so get_or_insert is not the right tool for the job.

My mistake. In that case, if you want to replace all fields of an
object, you can simply use the standard constructor-and-put method for
new entities - it will overwrite the old one. If you only want to
update some fields, you'll need to write your own method for this.

-Nick Johnson