Can any one point for the best practice with regards to the DB ?

Adding some kind of fields to my data models is possible in order to be able
to know what data belongs where.

But it seems to me that the more data you have on that single application
the more queries will be inefficient.

Cause if I have stored 40000 objects in my DB and one user has only 500
objects in the DB , I will need to go over all the 40,000 objects to find

His data ? is that correct ?

Would it be more correct to upload several instances of the application ?
one for each user ?

 Eddie.