This is probably fairly simple to do but I'm fairly new to GAE and am
having trouble with it.

Say I run a query on an entity like so:

query1=Client.all()
query1.fetch(1)
client=query1[0]

selecting the first entry in the entity Client.

Then I iterate through the list of fields like so:

for column in Client.fields():

How can I access the data for that column in the row given by the
query1 object? This is a fairly simple thing in Java with most
databases but I'm using Python and GAE..

I know I can access each element individually like this:

first_name = client.first_name

etc

however I need to be able to dynamically reference the name of the
field ..something like this

col_name = "first_name"
first_name_var = client.get(col_name)

thanks