> One thing that comes to mind first is to use key_name for that purpose.
> Perhaps you can use pagenames as key_name when storing pages, you can
> use keys_only query for rendering the "Index" page.

Thanks, I hadn't taken the time to learn about key queries, and they
look like a great tool to have. But unfortunately I don't think they
work for my case. The problem is that for my index page I actually
want more information then just the page name, I need two properties
actually, I need the page name, and it's version.

I can't really store that information as a named key, because the
version will be changing regularly.

I guess at this point I'm just not going to worry about it until I see
real world performance problems. And I'll try to address those with
memcache.

But long term I would (if it makes sense in the datastore
architecture) like the option to select a subset of an entities
properties. Does anyone know if this is already a feature request that
I can vote on, or should I make a new request... and how best to word
it. I'm not sure how efficient/possible it would be to read out a
subset of properties from the datastore blob. But maybe a condition
would be that the specified properties need to be stored in at least
one index?

If someone who knows a bit more about the possibilities of the
datastore can direct me in the right direction, I'll write the
request.

Thanks,
Jesse