Hi,

First I should also thanks you for your work on
http://code.google.com/p/django-gae2django/
That is where I discovered Rietveld!

> thanks for the explanations on how you do the testing. I assume you've
> grabbed the Rietveld test cases you've mentioned from the testing
> branch?

I had missed this branch before you mentioned it...

For the rest, I mostly agree with you...

That said, for me, the more important point is maintenance. Who will
maintain the code we use? That is why I have tried to NOT touch the
code of App Engine Patch. If they come with a new version I just need
to extract it in my path, provided that they continue to support the
aecmd.PROJECT_DIR and aecmd.setup_env() API.

Thus, it will be very interesting if you can from outside limit

> the relevant parts of the App Engine
> Patch (not helper) to simulate the parts of an Django environment that
> were needed to run the tests (using Django's test framework as much as
> possible). At least it's only the database backend and a few lines of
> code to make manage.py's "test" command work.

You comments are welcome?

Michel

PS: Here I correct a bug in the correction to the setting, we need an
except:
try:
    if os.environ['RUNNING_CONTEXT'] == 'test':
        DATABASE_ENGINE = 'appengine' # 'appengine' pour les tests
        DATABASE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS = False
        DJANGO_STYLE_MODEL_KIND = False
except:
    pass