Hello student_thesis,

Google does not treat App Engine apps any differently to other sites
when it comes to indexing and ranking.

Note that many apps serve primarily off their own domain, not off
appspot.com - you can't tell simply by looking at the domain name if
it's being hosted by App Engine or not.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine