This flow chart page may be a nice example:
http://infosthetics.com/archives/2008/11/life_flow_chart_community_authored_flowcharts.html

On the other hand it seems clear that Appengine still needs time and
massive investment by Google if Appengine shall become a kind of
blockbuster application earning money for Google.

To become more popular it needs a better documentation understandable
not only for experts.

To attract high traffic sites it needs far better datastore handling
with professional snapshot backups, high speed bulk data up/downloads
of the whole datastore (not only single kinds), single command high
speed deletion of whole kinds and some professional framework has to
be developed to an extend that it runs equally on Appengine as on Non-
Appengine infrastructure to guarantee the possibility not being stuck
to Google.