I experience round-trip latency from a browser of around one second.
(My request log indicates < 25ms for many requests in the application)

Is this explainable/expected/considered acceptable?  It would
certainly make "as you type" updates as per the Wave demos hard to
emulate!

I am using Java, so maybe this is not such a problem for python apps
and is related to routing to the JVM, I don't know.

Should I be able to plan for significantly reduced request latency in
the near future?

- Martyn