On Sep 7, 6:50 pm, Stephen <sdea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about cpu_ms, is that also higher for requests which write to the
> data store?

No, not in relation to api_cpu_ms.  For the request that does the most
writing to the datastore api_cpu_ms accounts for 96% of the total
cpu_ms value!.  The so request handler does not much more than create
new entities in the datastore.

The request adds quite a few new entities ( about 100) so I'm not
surprised that its 'expensive'.  I spent quite a while optimising my
code (batch puts etc.)  and I thought I got api_cpu_ms down to a
reasonable value. Then suddenly it jumps up with no changes at my
end. :(

Any help much appreciated.