On Sep 8, 12:07 am, Stephen <sdea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, but because api_cpu_ms is 96% of the total, then cpu_ms is also
> almost 3x higher? The spike is showing up in the cpu_ms?

Yes in total the cpu_ms has gone up by nearly 3x too.

But as I understand it cpu_ms is the total cpu usage for the request
and api_cpu_ms is the cpu usage by GAE api calls.   So the difference
between the two is the cpu usage of my non api code. This difference
hasn’t increased because the code hasn’t changed.

But yes, the new high value for api_cpu_ms directly affects my quota
because it makes the vast majority of cpu_ms.  So we do pay for
api_cpu_ms !   So for example if Google makes a change to db.put()
(or any api call) so that it uses more cpu,   we will be billed for
more cpu usage even if our code hasn’t changed.

As my code/ indexes hasn’t changed and the api_cpu_ms  has shot up the
obvious conclusion is that an api/datastore  change has caused it?

But there may be another ‘good’ reason for it, which I can’t think
of,  but as I’m going to have to pay for the increase in api_cpu_ms,
I would really appreciate  it if someone at Google could help.