On Sep 22, 10:52 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM, twink* <john.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For my clarification, if someone with an Apps domain adds my app:
>
> > 1. The users on that domain still need a "regular" Google Account to
> > sign in to my app, right?
>
> > 2. But I can now detect their domain, so I can tailor my app to use
> > settings specific to their domain, right?
>
> Both correct.
>
> -Nick

Single sign-on is one of the selling points for apps. If users on a
google apps domain can not use their domain user ids to login to the
application (but need a regular Google account), then it will be an
uphill task to convince the customer to go and apply for Google
accounts.

It may be easier to help customer signup for Google app engine and we
install the app for the customer.

Is there any thing on Google App engine road map that could
potentially address this or help in this regard?

Thanks,
Murali