Nick,

Are you sure that's working?

I have 2 test domains, both using google apps; let's call them
"client.com" and "provider.com"

If while managing the "client.com" domain I try to add an app that
belongs to "provider.com", I get the following message:
You do not have the permissions necessary to install this application.

If there anything that needs to be configured in the application
itself to allow this?

If while managing the app (as "provider.com") I try using "Add a
Domain" (in the Versions page) for "client.com" if eventually asks me
for an admin login from the target domain, which in a real world
situation I wouldn't have.

Regards,
Pedro