> Touche! An apt point. The current frequent planned maintenance is a
>> nuisance, but we warn customers ahead of time and present a nice
>> message to users explaining what is going on.

Since I've never seen my app during maintenance, can you elaborate on the
"nice message" bit?  Are all GAE apps disabled, or are they allowed to run
with reduced functionality? If the latter, is there any systemic information
available to the app to tell it that it's running in maintenance mode?

best
Roy