On Nov 20, 4:54 am, Anders Moberg <anders.moberg.fri...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have searched for some kind of best practice for environment
> architecture design in GAE but haven't found anything (yet).
>
> I think we need 4 environments, development, test, verification and
> production. But that is just my initial thought. So my questions are:
>  - What environments do you recommend?
>  - What is easiest way to set up these environments?
>  - Has google any official/unofficial policy against multiple versions
> for the “same” application?
>
> Our idea is to use a local computer for development. And 3 GAE hosted
> environments, where:
>  - test would be for unit and integration test
>  - verification for end-user-tests
>  - production of course for the final version.
>
> I'm very interested in your thoughts and experience in this area!
>
> Regards, Anders Moberg
Hejsan, most here depends whether python or java is chosen. Java has
more ways to solve a problem and python the "obvious" way. The
(python) system development model I chose is very similar to this:
dev,test,prod,live + scraps adhocratively (matching innovatively
supporting very quick decisions) switching (too) fast, also looking
for more structural approach than ad hoc. Generally going opposite way
than majority who say facts have many numbers, I use names and shapes
that are easier and more natural to understand. + There're no
conventions for version numberings also supporting less numbers more
names. Here are some threads already mentioning environments. Spec I
want IDE with Mercurial and deployment to facilit8 development
integr8ing dvcs, scripting and deployment in one IDE.
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-python/browse_thread/thread/afadb9cad6126f92/91b9a11e25e9e326#91b9a11e25e9e326
http://code.google.com/p/appfilesbrowser/ is very good to inspect
actual deployed
And sure welcome inspect my main project montao.googlecode.com with
many links to material I fins rel8ed if you want.
______
Niklas