Tim -

Thanks for pounding the drum.  I've been wanting to jump earlier, when
your multiple high-value posts were encountering delivery issues, to
provide you with a word of encouragement.  I agree with your
assessment that AppEngine is a game-changer with teething issues.
What I would like to add is that the main problem with Appengine is
not technological, but organizational.  It suffers from the age-old
Achilles heel of thousands of Great Technologies: the mistaken belief
that all problems are Technical issues, not People issues.

Why do inferior technologies sometimes succeed while superior ones
fail?  Often, because the winning technology has people who answer the
phone.  Is Amazon a technology company or a customer service company?

I am writing this to be construed as constructive criticism, because I
need Appengine to succeed, because I placed my bet on Appengine.
Please, Appengine managers:  realize that your product offering is
deficient in the customer-service aspect, and that this is a critical
deficiency which can lead to ultimate failure.

johnP