Hey all,

Not sure if this is 'normal' but over the last couple of days or so
I've seen increasing reports of 500 server errors on requests that
normally are served fine. Some users have noted them too.

But somewhat stranger still is that I can't debug these errors because
they don't show up under the error log. They appear in the request log
with a status code of 500 but no info about the error. They do not
appear when I filter just for errors.

An increasing number of my errors that have shown up in the error log
lately have referred to Datastore Timeouts. For example my most recent
error has these load characteristics:

500 4085ms 37cpu_ms 12api_cpu_ms

With this error class: <class
'google.appengine.api.datastore_errors.Timeout'>:

I hadn't really seen these problems before. My site isn't a high
traffic one, but traffic has been increasing lately.

What can I do to track down the cause of this kind of behaviour? Any
advice is appreciated :)