To the original poster:  Get Pissed. It helps.

In all seriousness, though.  I think that GAE has its fair share of
limitations, but has a lot of potential.  Like everything else, I think it
best you read the documentation, do a little prototyping and assess weather
or not it meets your needs.  If you still think it's a "JOKE" then, nobody
is holding a gun to your head forcing you to use it.  If you are stuck using
it and it doesn't meet your use cases, then I'm sorry but flaming the
mailing list isn't going to get you anywhere.