Hi Gary,

Practically speaking, for an app that hasn't been given elevated
permissions, you should be able to have at least 30 concurrent requests -
equating to around 400 QPS if your app is fairly efficient. What problems
are you running into that lead you to conclude you're hitting a limit at 4
QPS, and that the problem is at App Engine's end?

-Nick Johnson

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Gary Orser <garyor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We were trying to create programmatic parallel access to our appengine
> application.
>
> From EC2, we were attempting (with threads) to run parallel access
> (url gets/posts) to
> our appid.   There are some long running processes that we need to run
> on EC2, for which
> we would like to get a bunch of information (entities + processing on
> appspot) quickly.
>
> We seem to be running into a limit on the number of accesses that are
> allowed.
> (4 threads seems to be the effective limit)
>
> Is there some sort of denial of service limit imposed on multiple
> accesses from a single IP?
>
> Cheers, Gary

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number:
368047