Hi Mark,

The requests-per-day quota is one of our 'non billed quotas'. Enabling
billing automatically increases it (currently, to 43,200,000), regardless of
what amount of budget you allocate to each billed resource.

If you manage to exceed 43 million requests per day, you can talk to us and
we'll extend it. If you reach that without needing to pay for any extra CPU
quota, I'll happily buy you a beer and write a case study about your app. ;)

-Nick Johnson

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Mark <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to plan out how much an app could potentially cost to run.
> I'm looking at the quotas here:
>
>  http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html
>
> it says we get a free limit of 1,300,000 requests per day, and 1gb of
> free storage.
>
> I think my app is going to run over the 1gb storage limit, and the
> 1,300,000 calls per day limit, but possibly none of the other quotas.
> How does billing work in this scenario? Can we pay for more than
> 1,300,000 requests per day? I'm not seeing where this would be charged
> in the billing screencast here:
>
>  http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/billing.html
>
> Also, in general, are there any rough comparisons that have been done
> that show how much more cost-effective it is to use app engine at
> different usage rates vs other hosting plans? Just curious,
>
> Thanks

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. ::
Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047