Hi Anupam,
  I would say if you are not even seeing the requests show up in your
apps request log, it is never hitting your app.

  Can you use the same front end code to access one of the other
versions?  If that works consistently at least you can be more
confident the front end is OK.

  I would say your next steps are going to be debugging their network
connection.  Next time it is not working correctly, I would probably
check your packet loss rate.  If that is high you'll know you got
network issues. I would then check to be sure the name is being
resolved correctly.  Are you directly accessing the app at
appname.appspot.com or are you using a custom domain name?  If you are
using a custom name I would be sure it is getting redirected
correctly.

 I think I would just follow through that type of debugging process.

Robert