hawkett:

2. You need to do some risk assessment. There are always risks, and
many of them - there is no perfectly secure system, and it is
important not to try and sell such a thing. It is just a matter of how
you rate each risk, and important that the stakeholders understand the
risk and agree to it - the last thing you want to have is a
conversation where someone says 'You told me it was secure!!!'. It
can't be secure unless it is truly inaccessible to everything and
everyone, and you can't build a system around that :). Risk assessment
is generally subjective - what is the chance of someone obtaining a
password they shouldn't? What is the chance of the cloud vendor
exposing data? What is the chance that your code contains bugs? What
is the chance of the cloud vendor losing your data entirely -
http://gigaom.com/2009/10/10/when-cloud-fails-t-mobile-microsoft-lose-sidekick-customer-data/
?
The list goes on. If you build a system where there is perceived value
in subverting it, then it will probably be subverted. It is much
better to cope with it than try to prevent it (you can't prevent it).
What you need to prevent against is the possibility that any
particular problem or combination of problems results in total
failure.

I am not worried if a few thousand of password or account were broken into
we can insure that.
The problem is a system wide breach like the provider exposing or destroying
data.
This is the subject we are dealing with. I don't believe in fixing a bad
solution I believe in designing a good system
then implementing it. If people use that system and it fails no one will be
willing to listen to my excuses.

You are asking me questions you never asked your banks: why do you hold me
to a higher standard than your banks.

--
V07768198309