I promise I have been searching... but I haven't been unable to find
the correct answer.  Thus I turn to you fine folks.

So lets say I have my super fancy new killer app-engine app:
  http://mykillerapp.com
which is my custom domain pointed to:
  http://mykillerapp.appspot.com

and then because I'm a genius salesman, I convince Coca-Cola that they
need my app on their site.  They write me a huge check with lots of
zeros and say "OK, lets set it up at http://awesome.coca-cola.com";

how can I make that happen?   the only way i can see is to add coca-
cola.com to my google apps for domains account (verifying it with
CNAME or .HTML file)... but yeah, Coke isn't gonna let me do that cuz
it's obviously their domain.

or what if I sell it to JoeSchmoe.com who already has a google apps
account... I can't add his domain to my google apps because google
tells me "this domain is already registered" (or something like that)

SOOO... is there a way for me to only add awesome.coca-cola.com to my
google apps domain so I can link the app to it?   or setup
awesome.JoeSchmoe.com if JoeSchmoe.com is already a google apps
customer?