I'd agree wrt/ JDO/JPA.

We came into our first app trying to use the JDO/JPA.  In addition to
being clunky, I also noticed that the Data Nucleus guys were not all
that thrilled with Google's implementation of it.  If you google
around you will see what I am talking about.

I tried Objectify and Twig, liked both,  but liked the Objectify
support and community they have built around it.  I think you'd be
better off with one of those.

-TF