Hi Tim,

Thanks for the thoughtful response. You're right that some of
this "bugs" refer just to sqlite related issues, and some indeed
highlight problems in the default file based datastore stub, not in
sqlite. The 2 most concerning seem to be the one about inequality
filters and the requiring indexing but hey, I can deal with those.

Also, appropriately, there a lot of things that only occur in the
production datastore such as transaction retries, deadline exceeded,
etc. Even non related stuff that I should prepare for such as
capabilities disabled, etc, etc. I wish I had better coverage of my
code with unit testing to find also regressions, etc, etc. Sadly, I
don't. My app is pretty modest, amateurish, at best.
http://www.askaro.com

Now, sadly, now that I've switched to sqlite, still observing, via app
stats, that queries are taking 3 seconds. I was hoping for a real
boost. There might be something off with my environment (python 2.5)
but I can't see what that could be. I guess I could profile the sqlite
stub to find out but I'd like to know if when people mean fast they
mean queries that take 3 seconds.

I was just casually perusing the structure of indexes. Looks like
filtering, sorting, etc is done in memory (see below). Anyhow, I'm less
than 20K entities of my test and not crazy about the performance.

sqlite> .schema

CREATE INDEX "{my-app-id}!!EntitiesByKind" ON "{my-app-id}!!Entities" (

kind ASC,
__path__ ASC);
CREATE INDEX "{my-app-id}!!EntitiesByPropertyDesc"
ON "{my-app-id}!!EntitiesByProperty" (
kind ASC,
name ASC,
value DESC,
__path__ ASC);
CREATE INDEX "{my-app-id}!!EntitiesByPropertyKey"