I'm working with him off-list to resolve the issue.

In general, it's important to remember that as application developers, you
are responsible for the content that is posted to your application. If
objectionable content is reported that violates the terms of service,
someone from our team will usually email the developers. We expect a
response within 48 business hours. In most (99.99%) of cases, we will not
disable applications before notifying developers. We ask people requesting
takedowns for proof or, in cases of copyright violations, to follow the DMCA
takedown procedures as documented for all Google properties.

The type of situations where we'd take down a site while notifying a
developer at the same time would be, for instance, a site that hosts a worm
or exploits end user computer vulnerabilities.

--
Ikai Lan
Blogger: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com