Does any one know of any (manual) coding methodologies for managing object
persistence?
My appengine code did not have a methodological approach at the beginning so
now it's a bit of a spaghetti code when it comes to reading and writing
objects to the data store.
I know that frameworks like EJBs, hibernate, zope do this for me
automatically, but I'm doing it manually.
I'm looking for some guidelines (could apply to python, java, or any object
oriented language).
Usually, they focus on the object-relational mapping, but that's not the
issue in appengine.
The issues are more like: centralized reading of objects from datastore,
marking objects as dirty, writing out dirty objects, and caching.

Thanks,
Dennis