Thanks for the link.

My post is an open-ended question about how to code object persistence under
appengine.
It would be nice to have a layer above the get/put primitives that provides
some services for me --
what does that layer look like?

I'm looking for a coding methodology (or even just coding tips) or a
software framework (like you posted).
This feature list <http://borglin.net/gwt-project/?page_id=690>from your
link was helpful to list some of the issues to consider:

   - lazy loading
   - managing entity references (unowned relationships from the feature
   list)
      - might have to manage 1:1 vs 1:N vs M:N relationships differently
      - avoiding copies of the same entity to be read in
   - writing out changed entities
   - caching

I currently have my own hacked up layer but it's showing it's problems.
I'm wondering if others have their own layer or framework or if they have
pointers to some.
This seems like an issue that every appengine app needs to deal with, but I
don't even know the right name to use to refer to this set of services
(maybe "data access layer" but that yields 0 search results so it's not very
helpful)

Dennis