recently we encounter some problems which we found some of the datetime
value persisted in the DS does not match with what we expect. usually we
record these time by calling datetime.utcnow() (we are using python) to get
the 'current' datetime values

in some situations (though i'm not yet 100% sure if there are other bugs or
is the time sync problem), we found that these persisted datetime values are
not quite in-sync. and i'm not talking about ms or s, the time is off for 30
mins!

e.g. two requests A and B were being made. B is made about a minute after A
and they follow exactly the same flow and would call datetime.utcnow() and
persist the values to DS. i expect persisted value made by request B is a
minute larger than one made by request A. but sometimes it turns out that
value made by request A is 30 mins larger than value made by request B. (and
sure under GAE, server handling request A and B can be different and we wont
know which server handles it)

before any further investigation, is it true that we can strongly assume all
server are time-sync? or if not there be some system bugs? or the way i'm
getting current time (datetime.utcnow() ) is not appropriate?

thanks in advance for any comments / feedbacks

- eric