>From the gist:
- the difference between the time on AppEngine's proxy servers (as detected
in the response headers) and "local time" on AppEngine's serving machines.

    local_now = datetime.utcnow()

>     google_time = urlfetch.fetch('http://www.google.com/robots.txt',
> method=urlfetch.HEAD)

>     google_now = datetime.strptime(google_time.headers['date'], '%a, %d %b %Y
> %H:%M:%S GMT')

>     swatch_delta = local_now - google_now

This works if the proxy servers don't also have greatly varying clock-skew,
else the delta can swing in wildly unexpected ways.

saidimu