From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 8:55 PM
To: Google App Engine
Subject: [google-appengine] Migrating from MS to HR

I have a production appengine app at www.example.com, which I want to switch
from master-slave to high replication datastore. I intend to document and
publish the process and the results to make switching easier for others who
want to make the move.

The cut-over must be as seamless as possible. I can set up the HR app and
transfer most of the data across ahead of time using the appspot URL,
followed by testing the new app to make sure everything works as expected.
Then there will have to be a small downtime window while I disable the old
app and transfer the remaining data.

My questions (so far!) are:

1. What is the process for switching old to new app in google apps?
Currently in my example.com google apps dashboard I have a link to disable
the old app. When I do this, will I will get the option to associate the new
app with the domain?

2. How quick can this app switch happen? Is there any manual component on
Google's end that would require me to do this in office hours?