Success!

After two months of increasing pressure on Xtra (Yahoo's agent in NZ)
I finally added a notice to my application that detected Yahoo email
addresses, and told those users they would not receive their booking
confirmations and why. I also suggested they switch to an email
service that works, with instructions for Gmail. I informed Xtra of
this, and told them I'd go to the media with this if it wasn't
resolved by Monday.

And just like that, a wee email from Yahoo arrived saying that the
issue had been resolved. No details, and no apology of course.

I know we bitch about Google's customer service occasionally, but my
experience with Yahoo is FAR worse. Automated responses that take no
account of what you wrote to them, and blank refusals to help or even
explain why they won't.

So the lesson I've learned is to escalate FAST. I'm sure if I'd made
my threats earlier, the issue would have been fixed earlier. It's a
pain to have to do all the work, but better to get the problem fixed
sooner rather than later.

Finally, anyone else who was blocked now unblocked? The headers for my
test messages previously showed the IP address flagged, but now they
don't - maybe they've taken appengine's IP addresses out of the
blacklist.

Cheers!
Greg.