Thanks for the interesting comments giving me some benchmarks to
compare with. I've now measured my app with yslow and some of my pages
load in about 200 ms while the slow ones take like 2 or 3 seconds. I
used to run this application on a dedicated physical server running
Linux + MySQL + JBoss +Apache and even though the code was a mess it
was extremely fast. Now my code is more "clean" and on app engine but
it's still kind of slow which I guess is due to graphics on the pages
that are slower. When it was very fast I had also compiled a mod_jk to
plug between Apache and JBoss since compiling locally makes code
faster than downloading it as a binary.
Best regards,
Niklas