I'm pretty sure the memcached clusters (if there are more than one)
are not synchronized. First of all, that would be way too slow.
Second, the talk I referenced specifically mentions that when the apps
are being migrated from a DC, the memcache writes return success but
are in fact noop, because synchronizing memcache data does not make
sense. So I would expect that there's no synchronization going on
during regular operation as well.

Anyway, I really hope that there's only one memcached cluster active at a time.

http://self.maluke.com/