Thanks, Nick. I guess I assumed the issue is not in my code so didn't find a
need to include more details. That, obviously, is a bad assumption, so here
is more details:

I'm using Python. I'm calculating the time in my code as follows:

  def post(self):
*    task_t0 = time.time()*
    logging.info("start task")

    .... code of the method ....

*    logging.info("time to finish task: %r seconds", time.time() - task_t0)
    # last line in the function*

Regards,
Waleed