I'm holding 2 workshops for Google AppEngine next month. I used to
look forward to encourage developers to use GAE as a development
platform, but due to this new pricing changes, I'm not that excited
anymore. It's not because I don't like GAE anymore. I believe that the
GAE infrastructure offers a lot of value as an infrastructure.
However, I really think that the pricing changes announcement was
announced to early. The early announcement has caused a lot of
confusion over a long period of time even until now. The most basic
question that needs to be answered is "How much will our apps cost to
run now?" Maybe sample apps and their corresponding prices will help
us visualize if we should really worry about the upcoming changes.

Something like...

------
Sample App 1 (datastore intensive app)

Average Response Time: 200ms

Average # of users per day: 100K

Cost / day: ???

------

Sample App 2 (Compute intensive app)

Average Response Time: 800ms

Average # of users per day: 100K

Cost / day: ???

------

and so on...

------

At least I can get a kind of "official" idea of the costs of running
apps under the new pricing scheme.

Thanks and enjoy!

Albert