On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM, zdravko <email.workbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  My main point is that they waited too long and that way less damage
>  would have been cause much earlier - before too many developers
> invested themselves to heavily on a "free" and/or "very inexpensive lunch"
> platform.

Goals have changed, and therefore prices have changed. App Engine is
an Enterprise product now and price has no relation to cost.

You've already explained that Google could and should have known that
it was undercharging, if it was, in less than 3 years. So, maybe they
weren't? Goals have changed.

Personally, I think the goal of selling to the Enterprise at the
expense of the wider web is bad goal. After all, Google's mission is
to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible
and useful, and this is not well served by cutting off access to the
world's most cost effective and scalable serving infrastructure to a
large fraction of the people who can best make use of it.

Greg D makes Moore's Law run backwards -- a good start to a collection
of Chuck Norris style jokes, but not something to be proud of.