So after double checking - we do not charge per actual instance, just the
number of instances. If you have a case where in 15 minutes, an instance
dies and a new instance takes it's place, billing considers that to be one
instance running for 15 minutes (not two). This is explained in more detail
in the FAQ.

Ikai Lan
Blog: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/app_engine